Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jess "The Joker" Liaudin


Why fight MMA?

It was a natural progression for me, I always crossed trained since I started training in martial arts and combat sport. I grew up watching kung fu movie or action flicks like Bloodsport and so on and just wanted to do the same thing but for real. When I saw the 1st UFC in 93 I was fighting kickboxing in Houston Texas and wanted to do it straight away. I sent my application in the UFC back in 1994 but never got any reply (until April 07 lol) but did my 1st Vale Tudo tourney back in 95.



Who is the best MMA fighter in your opinion?

It’s hard to pick between Fedor and GSP. George is very well rounded and can do it all but he’s also a tremendous athlete genetically. I think he could have picked any sport and he would have been great at it. I remember hearing crazy story’s about him from my friend Kristofe Midoux and Antony Rea even before he fought in the UFC and how much of a freak he was. Fedor is very well rounded also but even so every body see him as a machine a see him as being more human than GSP if it make sense. Fedor he s your typical east European fighter who had a background in sambo (or sometime judo/wrestling) and just train the hard way all his life. Anyway, I will pick both of them. And the best thing about it is that both those guys are also great human being and very humble.



What fighter do you most resemble?

It s very hard to say because we all got our unique style in a way but I am not gonna be boring by giving you a stupid answer so I am gonna say Babalu maybe, because my latest fight have been similar to the way he fight.



Where do you train and who are your trainers?

I dont have a trainer. I still travel a lot and train with all bunch of different peoples. I am trying to learn from every body, even people that dont necessary fight MMA. I am very open-minded and wanna learn from every body. Recently I’ve been working some Muay Thai again and work on some very small details with David Hergault and my boxing and conditioning with Parfait Ndonda back in Hong Kong. In France I train with Flavio Santiago and in London I just train by myself.



What motivates you to fight?

I’ve been fighting since I was 16 years old so it s something I always done. I would miss it if I didnt do it, it s part of my life. Like every fighter and I am not talking about those cage fighters wanna be. We have that competitive mentality and always want to prove our self that we can beat some good opponent. That s what keep me going. Unfortunately I cant fight as much as before now, I am 36 years old and i got to think about my future so i cant be training for 2 months with out making some good money. I dont want to finish broke in a small apartment with only my trophy s and belt as a souvenir.



If you could fight anyone in the sport of MMA, who would it be and why?

Mike Bisping, just because we dont really like each other and I dont think he’s a nice person. Or someone like Royce Gracie or Sakuraba just for the kick of facing a living legend.



If you could fight anyone NOT in the sport, who would it be and why?

The top 10 of all internet trolls



Are there Fans, Friends or sponsors you would like to thank and give a shout out to?

I would like to thanks Ed Hardy for sponsoring me for my last fight. The peoples that helped me train like Antony Rea, David Hergault and Parfait Ndonda. And a big thanks to all the fans that support me every day. A shout out to Dean Albrecht that never paid me any of my sponsors from my UFC fights.



How can folks contact you?

It s easy:

Facebook : JESS 'THE JOKER' LIAUDIN FAN CLUB

No comments:

Post a Comment