Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Kieran "Lights Out" Brown


What is your nickname and if you do have a nickname how did you get it?

Kieran "lights out" Brown.... Me and my coach were chatting after a training session and he told me id have to bang the guys lights out that I’m fighting in December....so "Lights out" Brown was born!!



Why fight MMA?

I’ve tried boxing but I wanted to use more of my body, skills and different techniques.

Who is the best MMA fighter in your opinion?

Matt Hughes, because he's well rounded and was a great UFC champ!

Who was your toughest opponent?

Myself , because as a fighter its easy stand toe to toe with someone, easy to submit or be submitted, but to have the discipline to train every day , follow strict diets, sacrifice weekends out; that takes lots of determination and focus and I expect to control any opponent, so I must also be able to control myself.

What fighter do you resemble?

Ruthless Robbie Lawler

Where do you train and who are your trainers?

I train at the Zoo Fight club in Hastings, East Sussex.
My coach is Paul Saunders.

What do you look for in other fighters?

I like fighters who stand and drop bombs.

What motivates you to fight?

Built up aggression


What would you do if you were not a fighter?

Id probably be in prison


If you could fight anyone in the sport of MMA, who would it be and why?

Alex Reid......He's a good stand up fighter and i fancy my chances.

If you could fight anyone NOT in the sport, who would it be and why?

Ian Beale in Eastenders.....he really winds me up.



Have you any superstition or mania on fighting days?

No not at all.

Are there Fans, Friends or sponsors you would like to thank and give a shout out to?

Yes I’d like to thank my coach Paul Saunders, my manager Yasmin Edwards and my sparring partners who all take time out from their busy schedules to help me prepare for my December fight.

How can folks contact you?

You can check out my Facebook page, Kieran lights out brown or look out for the zoo fight club website coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. funny you seem to have been trained to use discipline to use your knowledge and skills to fight in the ring and that is very respectable but you really use those skills to smash up your girlfriend rob people and mug old ladies in the middle of the night ...prison was a good answer because thats your going

    ReplyDelete