Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jack "The Lumberjack" Norton

First of all we want to thank you for allowing us this interview
-yeah, of course, anytime!


What is your nickname and if you do have a nickname how did you get it?
-Eh, I kinda do, I was called "The Lumberjack" for a while, the reason being that one day we were at the gym and working on our takedowns...first one to take the other guy down wins, winner stays in, there were about 15 big guys there that day and I stayed in for about 30 rounds...So my coach at that time said I was like a lumberjack cutting all those guys down...don't know if it will stick but it is pretty original and I like it so...maybe it will.


How do you seperate fighting and your personal life?
-Just recently I have started learning how to do this, when I first started fighting thats all I wanted to talk about and all I wanted to be looking at on the computer and watching on TV and eventually I realized that I was getting obsessed... it became stressful believe it or not. So I am learning that to stop that stress I train like a robot at the gym, Toe-2-Toe in Hiram, GA. and when I am elsewhere I am Daniel, I like fighting, the beach, my Jeep, my Truck, my family, basketball, movies, cooking, football, music you know. But recently my brother has been coming with me to the gym just hang out and watch me train so I know that I have that support from home as well to do this.


Why fight MMA?
-Why not? I am good at it... I am not just saying that, I really am. I don't feel like I have been truly tested yet, every fight has gotten harder and harder, but I still havent gone past the 1st round. I train with so many guys at Toe-2-Toe that are better than me in every area and as long as I am doing that I am happy learning and getting better than I am now. Hard head, stubborn, 82'' inch reach...need I say more?

Who is the best MMA fighter in your opinion?
-Wow, what a question...Anderson Silva, hands down...have you seen the guy? I know that you havent seen alot of him on the screens lately. Thats because no one can touch the guy...

Who was your toughest opponent?
-Aaron "Tex" Johnson, thats right...I have trained with him for the past 2 years or so and sparring with him and rollin' with him is much harder than anyone I have seen in the cage and much tougher than anyone I will see anytime soon. So working with him and still being alive...I am not worried about anyone around here.


Where do you train and who are your trainers?
-I train at Toe-2-Toe in Hiram, GA. on HWY. 92. I train no-gi bjj with Mike Sapprano, gi bjj with Chip Coffey, Boxing with Scott Sarratt, Muay Thai with Chad Wilson and MMA with Ethan Watts...the list goes on.

What do you look for in other fighters?
-A challenge, sportsmanship and their nose...

What motivates you to fight?
-It is so much fun, no one is pushing me. I do what I love, I train because I love it, I punch grown men in the face because I love it, I get punched in the face because I love it...

What would you do if you were not a fighter?
-I want to make money, I am an entrepreneur so whatever really. I want to have more than 1 house by the age of 35. I am good at making money. I stay pretty motivated to make that happen. Maybe own my own company and have someone else run it for me. hahaha

If you could fight anyone in the sport of MMA, who would it be and why?
-Paul Gabelmann, because that is who is standing in my way now... I am 3-0, I want to be 4-0.

If you could fight anyone NOT in the sport, who would it be and why?
-I was thinking about the other day and I came up with a few names. Politicians-Obama and McCain, Musician-John Mayer, WarHero-Ulysses S. Grant, Actor-Rampage Jackson, hahaha!

Have you any superstition or mania on fighting days?
-Thats a negative. Be smart, train harder and fight harder and the best man with win.

When will we be seeing you fight again?
-I will be fighting on February 27th at Bangkok Fight Night at Center Stage in ATL. come on out you guys and see the fights. Huge Card lined up, Bobby Peavler and Tim Stout are also on this card! I promise to give you guys a show, one way or the other it will be awesome...

Do you know who you will be fighting?
-Paul Gabelmann he will be 2-2 on the 28th of this month

Are there Fans, Friends or sponsors you would like to thank and give a shout out to?
-Oh yeah. Thanks to my awesome managers and friends at SponsoredFan, I fight and they manage, plain and simple. Toe-2-Toe Apparel, Thanks to my boys at my gym Toe-2-Toe Hiram. And my fans, I did'nt think that I was a very big deal at all and now I am getting friend requests like crazy on facebook from people all over asking me when I am fighting again...it's awesome. And last but not least, thanks to Born-2-Bang Athletics!.

How can folks contact you?
Come train with me at Toe2Toe Hiram, GA. on Hwy. 92. or you can hit up www.sponsoredfan.com and check out my management!

No comments:

Post a Comment